Saturday, May 24, 2014

Syncing Firefox's Bookmarks with Internet Explorer's Favorites


Hey all,
Just wanted to do a quick follow-up to a post I made way back in July of 2012 regarding Internet Explorer’s favorites and Firefox’s Bookmarks.

In that post, I explained how I use to recommend the use of Firefox over Internet Explorer due to IE's numerous security vulnerabilities. Firefox was so much faster and more stable than IE6 and 7. But Internet Explorer has really cleaned up its act with IE 8 and 9, however with so many great apps available for Firefox, I found myself jumping between browsers and it can be frustrating to search both favorites and bookmarks in an attempt to find a page that I KNOW I saved before.

As time went on, the Plain Old Favorites program I had found to solve my problems began to have problems of its own and eventually was no longer compatible with the latest version of Firefox. To that effect, I have rekindled my curiosity in syncing my favorites/bookmarks and took another look into XMarks. Back in 2012, XMarks seemed to only provide me with error messages and constant incomplete syncing before I quickly uninstalled it and moved onto Plain Old Favorites. But today, it seems that XMarks has cleaned up its act. (Perhaps it was the result of it being purchased by LastPass.) It seems to work seamlessly between all browsers. It not only syncs locally, but also has an option to sync to your other computers as well. Install Xmarks on each computer you use, and it seamlessly integrates with your web browser(s) and keeps your bookmarks safely backed up and in sync. Now, granted that Firefox already does the whole syncing to your other systems thing – but that’s quickly rendered borderline useless for people like me who find themselves bouncing between IE and Firefox.

Give it a shot, and if you have any trouble – feel free to give us a call at 617-396-7044, check out our website at www.MooreITHelp.com, or shoot us an email at Help@MooreITHelp.com.

http://download.xmarks.com/download/all